Sunvait Network Limited (SNL) is seeking to employ suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Network Infrastructure Engineer, Planning and Deployment.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
- You have an appetite for accuracy and conduct site surveys and audits to verify that each network site has been built to the right specifications. A typical day can sometimes be physically demanding, but you’re willing to participate in field deployments that are often off-site and off-hours.
- Beyond day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll also develop creative approaches to keep operational costs low and improve the efficiency of our ever-growing infrastructure.
- As a Network Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning and deployment of Sunvait Network Ltd’s data center networks.
- You’ll help plan, cost, upgrade, design and create new and enhanced data center networks.
- Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Sunvait Network Ltd platforms, we make Sunvait Network Ltd’s product portfolio possible.
- We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Review and understand Sunvait Network Ltd’s Network Architecture Standards.
- Communicate with internal business owners to collect drivers and deadlines for delivering network capacity.
- Design solutions for extremely high bandwidth network solutions.
- Create high-level project plans that identify resource needs and critical path.
- Ensure business resources are used effectively.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in managing large-scale projects in a matrixed environment.
- 4 years of experience working on content delivery, low-latency or high bandwidth networks.
- Experience designing, planning, and deploying data center networks. Experience with routing protocols and optical technologies.
- 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Effective organizational, multitasking and prioritization abilities with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a data-driven analytical approach to solving complex challenges.